Monday, January 12, 2009

The Three

These three ladies are one of two reasons I stay in Second Life. I consider them a triangle. The strength of three. There is history in the number three. I believe in it. The reason I belive in this is because I have my own set of three I am part of .

There are the Three Fates in myths. They were considered quite a sight, however, and not at all as gorgeous as these three women. But the power, yes, they had power. I believe that power travels within these women.

The discussion of the power of three and symbolism with spiritual meaning comes to mind. The power of body, mind, and spirit.

There is the oak, ash, and thorn, all considered as the triad of the fairies and a plausible doorway to their world.

The three Brigids in Celtic stories. They travel in groups of three to each complete a task ahead and finish their meaningful journey.

The three Graces, the three Gorgons, and even Cerberus! He may have been a dog from the underworld, but he did have three heads!

That's probably a bad example..ahem. Then there's the Three Stooges! Wait..er...let me go back to the Fairies...er..yeah...

But, I have quotes: (that will save me)

"All things that are specially complete are stamped with this number three."

"Three degrees of comparison complete our knowledge of qualities."

Well, I could go on and on. I just know that these three ladies make me smile.

That's all the power I need from them! I hope to take that with me. It will help. I know it will.

1 comment:

Nicole Bourne said...

*sniffles* shit....i fucking love you!